Thursday, March 24, 2005

Socks

So, I've been bitten by the sock bug. I stopped by B&N on the way home and bought this.

I didn't have any "real" sock yarn at home, so I found some baby/sport weight leftover from DD's scarf and practiced with my size 5 DPN's. Little intimidated by anything smaller.

Except for my complete ineptitude at holding the needles (they aren't supposed to rest on your belly, right?) I think i sort of got it. Of course, I only did a few rows, just to practice switching needles and all that jazz. My tension was verrrrrrry loose, hopefully I'll get better at that or my socks will be very saggy.

Going to go by Michael's tonight (as my "l"ys is not so local and I can't resist the urge to start) and use my coupon for some Magic Stripes, I think. We'll see how it all goes.

I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment