Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How the hell is is only Tuesday?

Tuesday: It's the new Monday, only worse because you had to work yesterday!

I had to work today. At 9 am. After getting home from work last night at 11 pm. And going to bed at 1 am. And answering the doorbell at 6:45 am. I'm tired. And it's only Tuesday.

My day was pretty sh**ty. Long. Tired. Annoying boss. Fight with DH on the telephone (in which he proceeds to tell me - after I tell him that I cannot talk - people who need my attention in front of me - that we have no electricity. No internets. No phone. No lights. And, of course, no AC. Why do we have no electricity? Well, hell, he doesn't know. And did he call to report the outage? Of course not. We have electricity now, thank God). And just as I am only 7 short minutes from going home I hear news about a co-worker's baby (who had been in the ICU for over a week) that makes me sad and angry and I almost started to cry right there in front of him. It's really too horrible to talk about.

However, the Harlot's day was pretty bad too.

Perhaps we should just skip Tuesday next week? Oh, no, not next week. 'Cause it's my BIRTHDAY! Maybe the week after that.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about Tuesdays, but don't think that I'd put it into words...but it IS the new Monday only worse. My day didn't sound NEARLY as bad as yours. Hopefully your Wednesday will be better.

    ReplyDelete