Monday, August 22, 2005

Stick a Fork in me


Sockapal2za socks
Originally uploaded by jenn_tx.
I'm Done!

Look - it's a bird, it's a plane, it's finished socks!

Specs:
Sockapal2za socks
Pattern: Mine, but used some measurements from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns (which I LOVE!).

I CO 72 st and ribbed the leg and top of the foot.
Needles: 5 Susan Bates DPN's in Sz 1
Yarn: Sock it to me Collection - Colori in Harlequin colorway from Elann. Just about 1 1/2 skeins.

Details - I did a shorter leg length - I don't personally like a long one. I also continued the ribbing down a little farther than "normal" on the toe. I have to say that I think this is the best kitchenered toe I've ever done. It actually looks like it does in the books! My cast on edge is a little looser on one sock than the other, but not too noticable, I think.

I would show you an "action" photo, but they are too small for me and I don't want to stretch them out. I REALLY hope they fit my pal - I followed her shoe/foot size measurements, but they do seem small. DD thinks they look funny 'cause the foot is longer than the leg.

These socks were a bit of a trial. And I can't figure out why the striping on the leg is not the same on both socks - I guess a difference in the skeins. But it looks pretty close.

I have one more little thing to do for my pal, and I want to wash the socks, and then they will (patiently) await September 15, when they move to their new home in ........ .

Not much other knitting has been completed due the sock-finishing-frenzy. But there may have been a LYS jaunt/tour today. More on that tomorrow.

Oh, and my left ring fingertip is numb, I think from holding the needles during the toe decreases last night. Anyone else experience this problem? Solutions?

And we're off to Wichita Falls this weekend - anyone know of a LYS there?

4 comments:

  1. They look great! Congrats on being all done-za! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat looking socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You're done - and they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice, I really like those harlekin stripes. Small size? What a sh...ame, they are not for me.
    Dumb fingertips? I agree with the previous post, it might be stress related and caused in the relaxing time, that means when you should but do not relax, e.g. 'knitting' in your sleep. Never heard of the vitamin B tip however, got to try that. Best of course: relax in a conscious way.

    ReplyDelete