Saturday, September 17, 2005

Not-So Heavy Metal

First - let me calm all of your fears from last night - I wasn't really drunk, just slightly intoxicated. I had a very difficult week, one I don't wish to recant here as I'm trying to forget about it. (See mom, I'm not an alcoholic!)

Now, on to the knitting!

Mom opened her birthday present yesterday, so I can show you part of the contents.



Aren't they cute? She loves her doggie, and blue is her favorite color (at least, the color of half of her wardrobe! Love you mom!), hence the blue beads. I hope they fit her current project needles.

Aside: Any tips for taking better pictures of small bead items? I just can't seem to get the camera to focus on something that small. I'll work on it.....

I sent my socks out the same day, so I'm hoping my pal will have them soon. Then I can finally show you the secret project!

Two languishing knitting projects have had a renissance this week with one simple modification. I switched my Ruffles Scarf and my Ankle Sock from bamboo needles to metal needles. Wow. All of a sudden these knits are flying along. Something about the cotton yarn and the bamboo = bad combination. I was very reluctant to work on these because it took so damn long to get the stitches from one needle to the next. Now I'm zipping along. Although I could possibly go insane looking for progress on that scarf. It's going to take FOREVER.

Speaking of the scarf, I joined the Scarf Style Knit-a-Long. I'm not much of a joiner, but I thought this might be a good way to "meet" other knitters and I'm already making the project. I've always been a bit jealous of those who see a new pattern and immediately cast on for it and join the knit-a-long. If I did this I'd have 50 projects on my needles.

Speaking of projects, there may have been a new one started (I know, I know!) today. But no pictures = no proof. :)

A few days ago skein was my word of the day from Wordsmith. I had a little chuckle - as if I need this defined for me! Ha!

Finally, I've got to run. You see a few days ago DH ordered me this. It arrived last night and he brought it home. Must go finish reading it now. It's wonderful (as I would expect!).

No comments:

Post a Comment