Monday, October 10, 2005

Austin Anniversary

We're home, somewhat rested and recovered from our whirlwind trip to Austin. Trip highlights:

This is the view from our hotel window. That is Town Lake below us.
We ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. It was delicious!

In the morning our view looked like this. Pretty, yes?


We headed out to one of our favorite stops - Book People. From there we went to the record store, and ate lunch at the Waterloo Ice House (where they have the best tots in the whole world, according to Jen!).

Finally we made it to Hill Country Weavers. Wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow. Hill Country is in a tiny little house, but it is PACKED with yarn. They have yarn in every nook and cranny, and it is pretty overwhelming. They had a lot of fun yarn, and a lot of fancy ($$$) yarn, alongside the classics - Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Cascade, Trekking sock yarn, Lorna's Laces, and...something I had never seen in the wild - Koigu! Sadly, none of the Koigu colorways spoke to me, so I did not bring any home to be tamed. Jen got some fabulous bulky alpaca, and I got this.

Sock yarn for me and The Man (he picked out his own). This colorway of Lorna's spoke to me and said - fall.......the skein is in the other room so I can't tell you the colorway, but I plan on calling them my Austin Anniversary socks.

The Lorna's will look great in my new bag!


Yes, that's what she said. Here's the closeup.


I love it! I have been looking for an Angry Little Girls tote for some time, and The Man found this at Book People. It is a great size, and has two inside pockets and one outside zippered pocket (perfect for my keys - I'm always losing them in the bottom of my bag). Don't worry mom, I won't carry this when I'm with The Girl.....

We got home and had "non-anniversary" cake (the caterers lost our original "save for the anniversary" cake last year, so we had to buy a fresh one). And I remembered that I hadn't had any cake at the wedding! Crazy....

I can't believe it's been a whole year already. And to think that this time last year I was on a beach in Tahiti......ahhhh.....When are we leaving?

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Hill Country Weavers too and I agree--it's a great yarn shop. Definitely worth the stop when you're in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna go to tahiti too! screw this job and bills thing!

    ReplyDelete