Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's goin' on....

Too much! Whew - we are busy little knitters!

Unless you're currently without the internets, I'm sure you've heard of the Harlot's Knitting Olympics. Of course, the sucker in me signed right up. So far, the plan is to join Team Fair Isle, and knit the We Call Them Pirates hat. If you know my current favorite joke, you will agree that this hat is perfect for me. :) The plan is to enter training, er, swatching next week, and determine what yarn needs to be purchased for this endeavor.






I've also heard to call for red scarves. I went to JoAnn's last night to buy red yarn, and they only had a burgundy color. This just wouldn't do. I thought to myself "maybe they're out of 'real' red because of Christmas." Huh. Red yarn......Christmas.....stockings....oh wait, I do have red yarn in the stash - leftovers from our stockings! Yippee! I can knit for charity and bust my stash!
















Many of y'all are familiar with this load of crap by now - that Sew Fast Sew Easy wants to trademark "Stitch & Bitch" as their own creation. Their discussion board states that the term was never used until they used it. Ha. Debbie Stoller has fired back at them but lawyers are expensive y'all! The Cafe Press store is helping to raise $$ to pay for legal help. Go buy a button! Buy ten!

I've been a busy bee here - but I have no pictures. So I'll do a lovely post tomorrow full of all my progress. Can you wait?

3 comments:

  1. The USA Fair Isle Knit Team - this Olympics thing is really getting organized. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many cool KALs going on have you seen the Hommer Simpson Knitting Olympics?

    http://ma2ut.blogspot.com/

    Very funny!;)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 PM

    You are a giant DORK! and I love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete