Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gratuitous Stash Enhancement Photos

Because there is knitting content, but it needs photo assistance before being posted. Hopefully tomorrow! For today, yarn p*rn!


Many many moons ago, I found this Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby for something like $3.50/skein. I couldn't leave without it. And the two balls of dishcloth cotton (for 60 cents each!) jumped in too. And then I found the Chibis. I love the orange one - it is my first Chibi with the bent-tipped needles. Love it! The blue is my back up. I'm really regretting not buying the clear green one I found in Northampton, but do I really need three Chibis? (I did get rid of one - Jen was without Chibi, so I passed one on to here). I am planning on making the hoodie from the Paton's Street Smart booklet with the Fisherman's Wool, though I think I'll need one more skein, something I hope to pick up this weekend with my JoAnn's 50% coupon.



Also a long time ago, I scored some Rowanspun 4ply from Janette's Rare Yarns (on ebay). I love the color. I have no immediate plans for this - any suggestions?


Some TLC Cotton Plus and the Paton's booklet - both from JoAnn.com. I've been wanting the Paton's book for some time, but had trouble finding it (Elann was out of stock for a while), but JoAnn's had it. I'm not entirely sure what the Cotton Plus will be - I'm tempted to do Pullover Flair (from the Spring IK) with it, but I kind of wanted that sweater to have some color. Opinions?


And finally, some Debbie Bliss Merino DK - six balls of blue, four of brown. I have plans to "make up" my "own" sweater with this - right now I'm thinking a sweater with waist shaping and brown elbow length sleeves. I scored this on a great deal from one of my LYSs - 35% off! I love the colors - resisting casting on now that I've looked at it again!

I've got more, but it may have to wait as I *might* have a FO for you tomorrow - don't hold your breath though! I can't be held responsible for any blackouts!

3 comments:

  1. Flower Basket Shawl for the 4-ply? Just looks like flowers to me I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brown elbow-length sleeves idea! And I second the shawl motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo for your made up sweater! And that yarn is crazy soft. Kind of mean, though, to show off your stash enhancement to those of us who are on involuntary yarn diets (are they ever voluntary, really?) ;-)

    p.s. cute link name for the comments! How did you change that?

    ReplyDelete