Friday, June 09, 2006

The 3 B's

I forgot three important Amazing Lace team members.


Beer.



Basketball.



And boys (which sadly, I do not have, as they would not pose with the lace. Rest assured, they are integral members of the team).

We've been watching LOTS of basketball around here since our Dallas Mavericks are in the NBA playoffs. It has become testosterone central around here. The lace is really helping me balance out the estrogen ratio.

The lace and I are getting along swimmingly (touch wood), and are having tons of fun. Our only regret is that I've been brain dead most of this week, so we haven't had a date since Sunday. Lace asked me if she was grounded yesterday, so to reassure her, I took her out for some (crappy) pictures.






We're hoping to reconnect on Sunday again.

Oh, and all the great progress I thought I was making? Yeah. Until I saw that the recommended number of repeats for a large shawl with laceweight yarn was 45! I think I'm on 7. It's going to be a long race.

Whoops! I forgot to remind y'all Fort Worthians to come Knit in Public with us tomorrow! Details here!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, now I remember your lace project!!! :) You are one awesome knitter to be able to knit lace on a team that includes beer. Only water or diet soda will be allowed when I'm knitting lace . . . . and probably no TV either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo for the Dos Equis! Me, I'm kind of a Newcastle gal myself. Such an Anglophile.

    Though, like Karen, I probably shouldn't drink and lace either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your lace, really! It is a wonderful color too!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... beer. And lace. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete