Monday, August 14, 2006

Long time gone

Long time.....no post. My apologies. Work has be a *bit* overwhelming, to say the very least. In fact, I did no knitting for about one week. Yikes. I guess 14 hour days actually in the classroom/meeting, and then a few more hours at home make it difficult to fit in the knitting time.

School started today and I am struggling to stay awake, and it's not even 9. I really miss my knitting.

But I did get some goodies in the mail!

My August Birthday Swap Pal sent me my lovely birthday goodies! My pal was Lisa in Memphis, and she did a great job!


Yum, yum, yummy! I love all of it, but I have to admit that I especially love the black sheepy tape measure and the tins. I love containers of any sort. There's something so satisfying about putting things away. Ahhhhh....


I also have a belated Saturday Sky picture for you.


Can't quite tell what that is? Does this help?


YES! It's RAIN! It only rained for about 5-10 minutes, but it was a nice break. Of course, it was still 100+ degrees on Saturday, and we're steadily working toward breaking the record for 100 degree days. We only stayed at recess for 10 minutes today because it was so stinkin' hot outside. Blech.

And finally, what did I get (early) for my birthday yesterday?

I promise, I have some knitting content. I'll try to show you soon! No promises about bloggy updates though. I'll aim for a few a week. Stay tuned - there has been knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Your present will be late, as well as hubbo's. This I can guarantee! :) sorry sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Yay for the ball winder. I love mine; it's like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:46 AM

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!! What a great swap pal to send you all that stuff. And as for the ball winder, I just can't speak highly enough of them. Especially if you also have a swift. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday! This whole working long hours is really cutting into my knitting (and blogging) time as well. I guess we both knew it was coming some day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Happy Birthday! I hope you are able to adjust to your school schedule soon, and the days get cooler for you. Ours already have (bummer). Enjoy your early present!

    ReplyDelete