Tuesday, October 10, 2006

You like me, you really really like me!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on the sock picture. Hubbo and I were thrilled that y'all liked our little idea so much. I even won a prize! Woot!

Also, hubbo heard your pleas, and spent a good chunk of time yesterday doing this. Go. Shop. Give me all your money.

I don't have a whole lot of excitement to follow up that post. Please forgive me for your boredom.

We went to Austin for the weekend again because we're cool and original like that. We had a lovely, and relaxing time. We ate some good Mexican food, did a bit of shopping, visited the LBJ and watched the bats.


We managed to visit not one, but two yarn stores! (The only ones in town). The first was the Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe which is actually located in Cedar Park, Texas, just north of Austin. It is a delightful little shop, crammed with a good variety of yarn. I managed to restrain myself to only a two purchases - some Lanett superwash in a lovely green (for socks, of course), and a skein of Misti Alpaca laceweight for the Swallowtail Shawl from the new Interweave. Very nice folks too - gave hubbo and I an excellent lunch suggestion which saved us from eating Wendy's or Sonic.




On Sunday we made it to Hill Country Weavers. Erm. Just a *bit* of stash enhancement. However, the four skeins of Artyarns are for socks for the hubbo - he picked those out.

Also on Sunday, I had a real treat. Hubbo had discovered that Jenny Hart was going to be signing copies of her new book at Book People, so we made a special point to go. Not only did I get a signed copy of her book (which is WONDERFUL), but I got a mini lesson in embroidery from the queen herself! (That's my first start there on the little bird.) It was quite a treat - she is very down-to-earth and was a sport through all of our questions. If you have any interest AT ALL in embroidery, go buy this book and get started! I can't wait to find things to stitch on!



Whew. That's about it. There has been knitting. However, there has been ripping. I'm just not in love with the dye-o-rama sock. It's not the colors or the way it was dyed, I'm just thinking it needs a different pattern (right now it's just 3x1 rib), as some parts of it are striping, and some are pooling. So for now, it's off the needles while I give it a good think.

Back to the grind. Enjoy your Monday Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a yarn haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got some fabulous yarn there. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 PM

    *swooning over the stash enhancement*

    I'm working on recruiting ALL of the Texas knitters I can possibly find, so when I spotted your socks at Lolly's site I had to come over here. Will you be coming to Kid & Ewe in November? Because anyone that knits fabulous socks, I want to meet! Hope you can join us for lunch on 11/11. Let me know if you need more details!

    ReplyDelete