Monday, July 02, 2007

Proof of Life

I've managed to find the computer under all the crap in our house (most of which is being stored in the computer room/study/yarn closet, which makes me irritated), AND find the camera, AND it stopped raining for a bit this morning, so you get a real live post! Since I have so much luck today, I will not talk about the kitchen, so as to drag out the blog fodder for as long as possible. Today - actual knitting content!

I was way too busy starting projects to finish much this month, but I did manage to get these off the needles at the last minute.



Pattern: Mine - simple cable socks (perhaps to appear here if there is any interest)
Yarn: Sweet Feet sock yarn in Raspberry Sorbet
Needles: Sz 2.75mm ChiaGoo DPNs
Dates: Early February - June 30
Mods: n/a
Thoughts: These socks seemed to drag on and on. I'm not sure why, other than my general malaise toward the yarn. It is not superwash, and I know it will felt if I look at with agitation, and why I made it into socks (and bought it in the first place) is beyond me. Unfortunately I have another skein in the stash. I love the colors, I just wish it was superwash or had nylon content so they wouldn't felt. Ah well.

And I finished up the first round of shop samples.


Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton DK
Needles: Sz US 7 DPNs (I like the shorter straight needle for dishcloths)
Dates: June 2007
Size: n/a
Mods: none
Thoughts: love this! Super cute, super fast, and I want several for me!



Apologies for the sideways picture. Hubbo's iphoto shows it right-side up, but it will not upload right side up, even if I overrotate it in iphoto. ARGH!
Pattern: Felted bowl from One Skein by Leigh Radford
Yarn: Mauch Chunky - less than one skein.
Needles: Sz US 15 16" Clover bamboo circular and DPNs.
Dates: June 2007
Size: Large
Mods: none
Thoughts: While I like this, hubbo wants to know what a felted bowl is for. And I think I'd like to make the small size, as I think it would be more useful.



Pattern: Petal Bib from One Skein
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton DK
Needles: Sz US 6 Clover Bamboo circular
Dates: June 2007
Size: n/a
Mods: none
Thoughts: CUTE! A little fiddly with all the ends, but worth it in the end! A must for baby girl knitting.



Pattern: Upside-down Daisy Hat from Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Nashua Creative Focus Cotton
Needles: Sz US 6 Clover Bamboo 16" circular
Dates: June 2007
Size: 3-6 months
Mods: I knit the petals out of sport weight yarn, not worsted as the pattern calls for, I only had room for five petals at the top, not six.
Thoughts: CUTE! A bit fiddly with the petal attachment, but relatively quick and painless overall. Worth it for the cuteness!


I think the next baby girl born in these parts is getting a petal bib, daisy hat and perhaps some flowery booties (or the ladybug booties from 50 baby bootees to knit).

To answer questions - the shop that will be receiving all these goodies is Yarns Ewenique, where I am lucky enough to be escaping house dust to work at every once in a while this summer.


In keeping with our accounting of the stash numbers, I used up 2 balls of yarn this month (shameful!) and took in *cough*41*cough*. Yikes. In my defense, I did almost finish a large project (more on that this week) and started several (almost all out of stash yarn). I have no idea what the current number on the stash is, since my computer is still SOL. It will be fixed, but not until we hemmorage all the money for the kitchen (I swear, if someone tells me again that something costs "Only $$$" I'm going to slap them.).

Kitchen updates tomorrow! More knitting progress later this week!

8 comments:

  1. You have my sympathies! We are going through a similar situation and costs came back over double what we were told. Your comment about hemmoraging money is right on the mark!!!

    Pretty FOs -- what would we do without knitting in times like these?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty FOs! I'm looking forward to your kitchen update. I'm remodeling vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great FO's!
    Good luck on the kitchen, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, the "Only costs $xxx dollars" Sure adds up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The daisy hat is sooo cute!!! I hear you on the "it only costs $$$" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects! Hmm, maybe those need to be display socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These really are cute projects! And I hear you on 1) buying nonsuperwash sock yarn 2) actually knitting said yarn. Why!?! I don't know. But guilty as charged, too.

    And don't you love the "only" stuff? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that yarn shop! I was in there just last Saturday to get my Addi 000's. Will try to remember to ask if you're there the next time I go.

    Have never done a kitchen remodeling. We remodeled the bathroom in the old house when the girls were little. The *only* bathroom. I'll spare you the details.

    ReplyDelete