Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm not going to make it

I knew it was a little crazy to think I could get everything done. But I've done it in the past. I knew I had a baby - that's why I had a short list this year. But still, not going to happen. I have finished all of the gifts for anyone who is not my husband though, so that has to count for something. And he doesn't mind getting things on the 27th, or the 27th of December 2009. I might squeeze out the sweater and maybe the 1/2 sock left of one of the pairs. And one of the other socks is done, so I'll wrap it up and finish the pair this weekend. Again, my xmas sweater is not finished (the same one I had hoped to finish for last year). Perhaps it will be a priority in January. And it looks like  The Bug will not have a stocking this year, much to my dismay. Ah well, she's too little to know, and I have nothing for her stocking anyway. 
A sleeve cap, seaming, a zipper (agh!) and half a sock. I can do it. Right?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 AM

    Most of all, enjoy your first Christmas with your little one. The knitting will still be there when you have the time.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are nuts! (in an awesome way!)

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, 2008 was great, strive for an even better 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! I'm almost there too, but my husbands stuff won't be finished until after Christmas. I've already warned him that he will be getting some WIPs instead of FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a deep breath, have some spiked 'nog, and get done what you get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm super impressed that you finished what you did!! Mine is 16 mos and still won't have a stocking this year.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Don't stress the knitting. You've done a great job already getting anything done! Take time to relax and enjoy your baby's first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy yourself!! People are just happy to be together!! :) Love you! Miss you! Wish I could be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete