Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KCWC, sort of

So this week is the spring Kid's Clothing Week Challenge (where you spend at least one hour a day sewing clothes for your kiddos). I am not participating this week, because I am prepping for my wee ones first birthday party on Saturday. But I have been sewing some spring clothes, so I'll share those as I can this week.

dress3

I recently made this sweet little pillowcase dress for one of my sister's friend's little girls. They are big into giraffes, and I had this adorable giraffe print. I went with a pillowcase dress as it is easy to 'fit' when you can't try it on the kiddo in question and because it should fit for a long time (as a tunic or top when she's older). I used a cute blue ribbon with white polka dots (which is not trimmed in these pictures as I was trying it on Ellie to see how long to make it).

dress1

I hope she loves it!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute baby! looks like my 4mo - too small for standing, but loves it!

    ReplyDelete