Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Return to Knitting

So this blog used to be about knitting, right? :) And I do still knit, though the sewing has taken over in a big way, especially since I hurt my hand last fall and could barely knit at all. Thankfully, with rest it has gotten much better. I still have to take it easy when I knit with tiny needles (which is bad for all those socks I wanted to knit hubby!), but I can knit for good stretches at a time, when the kids let me!

Stripe Study Close Up

I started this project this winter, when I was going through a particularly stressful time, and needed something easy and pretty mindless to knit. I pulled some yarn from the stash and got started. Unlike much of my knitting, this project has no intended recipient.

Stripe Study

I wished it had blocked out a bit bigger, but it is what it is. I liked the squishiness of the garter stitch and that lovely brown (Malabrigo sock yarn). Ravelry details here. More knitting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment