Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blue Daisy Dresses

For the Fourth of July I wanted to make the girls something cute to wear. But I didn't want to make something that would be restricted to just the 4th. I also didn't love any of the holiday prints at JoAnn's. I did like this daisy pattern, and I had been wanting to make the Oliver+S popover sundress pattern for a while.

Daisy Dresses

I finished them up in a naptime (I cut them out before nap, though I probably would have had plenty of time to do that too), which is always a win in my book! I used yellow pre-made bias tape instead of making my own. I dislike making bias tape, and avoid it if I can! I also like how the yellow of the straps pulls the yellow bits of the daisies out.

Girls in Daisy Dresses

Simple pattern, and super cute! They (really Samantha as Ellie doesn't have opinions about these things yet) love matching, and it is pretty fun to make a big and a tiny version of each outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment