Friday, July 27, 2012

MadTosh Crafts

At the end of April, our long winter of no LYS in my area came to an end.  MadTosh Crafts opened it's doors and a sigh of relief went up around western Tarrant County (OK, let's face it, probably most of North Texas, as there is a lot of really beautiful Madelinetosh Yarn in this store!). They carry both yarn AND fabric, so it is doubly dangerous for me!

Baby Surprise Jacket

I had been missing teaching knitting classes, so I emailed Amy (the owner) and I am happy to be their newest knitting instructor! So far we've had classes on the classic Baby Surprise Jacket, and the Springtime Bandit. Next month we have classes on the newly popular Leftie shawl, a Knitting 101 class, and an introduction to cabling class. September classes are tentatively going to cover Top-Down sock knitting 101, the Effortless Cardigan and the Gift Wrap Sweater (an adorable baby sweater).

Springtime Bandit

I am enjoying teaching so much - I love getting others excited about knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're getting to combine two things you like to do.

    ReplyDelete