Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nursery Decorations

I loved stitching up the embroidery and cross stitch projects for the nursery, but I knew I wanted to sew some things as well. These were some of the last projects I did, but I really love them in the room.

I was flipping through my sewing books, and saw the cute stuffed bears from One-Yard Wonders. I had some corduroy in my stash, and thought two little brown bears would be so cute. I used some green and blue scraps for Ben's bear's ears, and pink for Ellie's. Both have pink felt noses. I really enjoyed this pattern and I think the bears are adorable!

stuffed bears

I had purchased some of the Wee Woodland line when I was pregnant, and ended up not loving all of it, but I did use some of it to make a cute pillow for the glider. I really like these prints and colors.

patchwork pillow

This last project has been on my 'someday' list for a long time. I loved the look of the little forest. When I decided on the woodland theme for the nursery, I knew I had to make this for the wall. This was the first 'complicated' quilt project I undertook. I knew I wanted each tree to be different, so I purchased some green fat quarters and dug through the stash. It took me a bit to understand why I didn't have a complete tree from the way I was cutting (the mystery of triangles!), but I did finally 'get' it. I used big pieces of leftover green for the backing and bound it with brown. I added some loops to hang it on the wall.

Little Forest Quilt

I really like these small additions to the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment