Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Catch up!

I have been neglecting this poor blog! If it weren't for the weekly Quilt-a-Long posts, I would wonder where I was! :) But I'm here - just been too busy creating Christmas gifts, and then not able to blog about them until they had been gifted! But all have been received now, so I can slowly catch the blog up!

I made several pillows this holiday season. I had received some mini charm packs and thought they would work up into great pillows. I had one set that matched my Dad's living room, and one that matched my mother-in-laws! Perfect! I added some sashing to dads and some borders to the other, and voila! A pocket closure for the backs and a pillow form and instant gifts!

linda pillow

dad pillow

I also made some pillows for teacher gifts. I wasn't sure what to make Samantha's two teachers this year. Last year I made some lovely voile/flannel scarves, but then it wasn't ever really cold enough to wear them! So I wanted to make something else this year. I dug through my stash for some inspiration, and found these panels that had been part of the panel for the tree skirt our small tree has. I added some borders to bring them up to size using small bits of random holiday prints, and an envelope closure on the back.

teacher pillows

pillow back

I also made several zip pouches for friends using Noodlehead's Open Wide Pouch Tutorial. All of these are destined to be knitting bags, so I think the 'open wide' feature will be appreciated! They came together very fast and are pretty cute. I made three of the medium size and one large. Two have a stiffer interfacing, and I think I like those best - something I'll be doing again the next time!

hill pouch

bags

julie bag

I also made an ipad cover for a friend who was getting her first ipad! I used this tutorial. Next time I might cut it a little bigger and add another layer of batting. I used one of the buttons she has been coveting from my stash. I'm such a nice friend! :)

ipad

Many more projects to come! And I've been thinking lots about what I want to work on in the new year as well!
To make them a bit more personal I had Samantha write her name with a fabric marker on these little 'labels' I also found in the stash, and I wrote her teacher's names too. I think they turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment