Friday, September 20, 2013

Ellie's Quilt - Finish it up Friday!

I am so glad to have this quilt finished! I started this way back in the spring, and basted it after the baby was born. I actually quilted it a few weeks ago and it has just been waiting for binding!

Ellie's quilt

I used a fat eighths bundle of Posy, but that wasn't quite enough fabric, so I took the bundle with me to MadTosh and matched solid Konas to the colors in Posy. I ended up with six solids, and I really like the way they coordinate with the prints.

Ellie's quilt

I used a print from JoAnn's for the backing that coordinates perfectly, and a tiny chevron for the binding (also from JoAnn's).

Ellie's quilt

Now to buy her big girl bed so we can put this on it!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The solids are such a wonderful fit, that I can't even see them! :)

    ReplyDelete