Monday, February 24, 2014

Quilt a Long: Same Block, Different Day

Here we go! This is the second post about the new quilt-a-long. The first is found here. Today we will talk more about fabric choices and planning our blocks.

I used Kona solids in Lupine, Violet, Dark Violet, Jade Green, Candy Green, Ice Frappe, Steel and Iron.  You will need to chose three colors, and three shades of each color, though I only used two greys - I saved my dark grey (Charcoal) for sashing. I recommend a half yard of each color, so you can play with your layout as much as you want.

You will need to download the quilt block here, and start planning your quilt. When I was planning my blocks, I tried to match my colored pencils as closely as possible to the Kona colors and started there.

There are 12 blocks in all, but you can make more if you want a larger quilt. Or, if you don't want to plan yours, assign each color a letter and number (A1, A2, A3, etc) and you can follow along with my layouts each week.

I will start posting blocks next week, and they will go up on Mondays (no guarantee on what time on Mondays!).

Please let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment